We are just shy of three inches of rain in the plastic gauge since it began yesterday and it's still raining.  The creek is roaring once again.  I carried the kitchen peelings and scraps down to the compost heap during a light shower and walked around the garden.  The peas love the cool rain.  Lettuce and spinach have grown another inch since yesterday and I counted fifty-four potato plants through the clay.  I guess I planted more than fifty.  The birds are water-logged and taking shelter on the back porch. 
This titmouse had been sitting under the eaves for half an hour shaking his feathers dry and preening.

 The male hummingbird flew in and perched on his swing for awhile before hitting one of the seven feeders. (and Cliff and Lauria think I'm nuts!)


Yesterday Cliff spent much of his day out in his radio room and I was in my studio sewing and looking for my next art project.  We love our spaces and the house doesn't feel so crowded with stuff. I decided not to venture out today because I didn't know if I'd need a raft to get back to the house. 
We still have more to do. Cliff is still rearranging his ham equipment and wires, making shelves, setting up internet, etc.   I have to finish painting my studio walls and the window frame.........but no hurry...........a hot cup of relaxing tea or a glass of Cabernet and there's always tomorrow. 


Comments

ralph said…
just because a hummingbird has chosen to use your crazy swing, doesn't make you any less crazy... truth.

thanks for building me a lovely garage.
Betsy said…
your room is getting crowded and it's a little messy.

Popular posts from this blog