My goodness..................time flies when you're having fun.  Cliff has been very busy in his new ham shack drilling holes and putting wires and coax cables in places and stacking radios, soldering stuff, researching and repairing, and watching Hunt for Red October for the 487th time on his laptop.  I've been sewing washable cotton shopping bags to sell in a friend's shop.  I still need to finish painting my room and get the ladder out.  Still love my windows and the view of the forest.  From the west window is the huge newly piled clump of felled trees, with huge exposed roots, from the garage clearing.............very unsightly. I had considered purchasing a chipper/mulcher so we could begin chipping the branches and use the wood chips in the flower beds and to stop erosion, but after speaking to a neighbor who owned one, decided to nix that idea.  Instead, she suggested we cut the branches and make piles that will slowly rot and animals and birds will use the piles for their habitat.  We already have more wild rabbits and lots of Carolina wrens living in the large clump.  I've seen the wrens jumping around the garden eating insects.  Not sure why the bunnies never touch the spinach or the lettuce.  Peter Rabbit always went into Mr. McGregor's garden and nibbled. I have three bags of freshly washed garden spinach and lettuce in the refrigerator next to the paint brush  and roller enclosed in a plastic bag ( another reason to finish painting my room).   I didn't know you could refrigerate your paint brush and roller instead of washing them after each paint job.  Our friend, Larry, is a plethora of information and suggested we save the brush and roller so we could finish at another time.  It's time to complete my room.  I need the refrigerator space for more lettuce and spinach. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog