My goodness..................time flies when you're having fun. Cliff has been very busy in his new ham shack drilling holes and putting wires and coax cables in places and stacking radios, soldering stuff, researching and repairing, and watching Hunt for Red October for the 487th time on his laptop. I've been sewing washable cotton shopping bags to sell in a friend's shop. I still need to finish painting my room and get the ladder out. Still love my windows and the view of the forest. From the west window is the huge newly piled clump of felled trees, with huge exposed roots, from the garage clearing.............very unsightly. I had considered purchasing a chipper/mulcher so we could begin chipping the branches and use the wood chips in the flower beds and to stop erosion, but after speaking to a neighbor who owned one, decided to nix that idea. Instead, she suggested we cut the branches and make piles that will slowly rot and animals and birds will use the piles for their habitat. We already have more wild rabbits and lots of Carolina wrens living in the large clump. I've seen the wrens jumping around the garden eating insects. Not sure why the bunnies never touch the spinach or the lettuce. Peter Rabbit always went into Mr. McGregor's garden and nibbled. I have three bags of freshly washed garden spinach and lettuce in the refrigerator next to the paint brush and roller enclosed in a plastic bag ( another reason to finish painting my room). I didn't know you could refrigerate your paint brush and roller instead of washing them after each paint job. Our friend, Larry, is a plethora of information and suggested we save the brush and roller so we could finish at another time. It's time to complete my room. I need the refrigerator space for more lettuce and spinach.
Popular posts from this blog
We haven't had any rain in weeks and the next ten days show no rain in sight. Trees usually are bursting with fresh green leaves by this time but not leaves sprouting yet. I haven't planted any seeds in the big garden because it'll be too much work to keep that garden watered. I thought about building a raised garden to put by the porch stairs but that would mean power saws so that was out. I found that Lowe's had a 2' X 4' cedar planter kit in a box that I could assemble myself. I started assembling it on the porch with the intent of carrying it down to where I thought it would be best but plans changed. It's a tool-free frame assembly kit where all the parts are computer-driven cut and fit together without fastening. The instructions are the kind I like......no reading to confuse me, just pictures. After I assembled the whole bed, sides slats and all, it was too heavy for me and because it wasn't fast...
Deer helping me trim the tired summer plants. This is bunny's trademark. With seasonal changes happening animal diets have changed. Plants that have survived deer and bunny all summer are now their favorite foods. Lynn, who lives at the top of Clay Durrett next to Libby, has her cousin visiting for a few weeks from Lisbon, Portugal. He moved there a few years ago and absolutely loves living in Europe. The four of us have been eating out Friday nights. Steve is a hoot with a great sense of humor so he and I really hit it off together. He's a combination of Tommy Vanzini and Lance Hayes from my male friends back in Jr High and High school. So enjoyable to laugh at life again. He'll return to Lisbon later this week. Today TWC predicted only an 18% chance of rain. About an hour ago while talking to my sister on the phone it started pouring and so far the weather station console reported "raini...
Comments