Yesterday was Olivia's 5th birthday.

                         5 yrs ago
 Photo
                            today
Photo





I've been making tapioca pudding for about 47 years now.  In the olden days, pre-microwave, I donned my aprons, stood over a burner, and tirelessly stirred the tapioca forever so as not to burn it.


Then somewhere in the 80's, I came across a microwave recipe for tapioca pudding making wearing aprons and slaving over a hot burner obsolete.  Not really.  I still tie on one of my many whimsical aprons and stand at a burner stirring and fussing over food.  It's who I am.  But microwave tapioca is a great invention. Sunday as I poked the press in tear top back tab on a new box of tapioca, for the first time ever, I noticed the words shake box before using.  How long have those instructions been there?  So for the first time ever, I shook the box before using. 

MICROWAVE TAPIOCA
Mix...............
6 tbls tapioca
6 tbls sugar
4 cups whole or 2% milk (skim doesn't work.  Fat is needed for good consistency.)
2 egg yolks
...........in a microwaveable bowl and let set for 10 minutes.  Stir again and microwave on high for 10 minutes stirring once 1/2 way through.  Set aside and let cool down for awhile.

Beat............
2 egg whites
4 tbls sugar
.................until egg whites make peaks.  Fold into slightly cooled tapioca.  Add 2 tbls of vanilla.
Enjoy!


 WINTER SNOWSTORM NIKA
Jim Cantore has been reporting all day from Country Club Square in Kansas City, MO which is just down the road from Mark's home. I told Mark to get to Country Club Square and speak with Jim so I could see him on tv. 






















Comments

ralph said…
aw! she's a dumpling. :) and we had so much fun taking that picture! and you look great with those curlers in your hair... thanks for the recipe!

Popular posts from this blog