Our weather has been more seasonal, 30's at night and low 50's during the day for a high.  Quite pleasant for outdoor activities. This afternoon I rummaged the woods for dry dead kindling and Cliff filled the wood rack on the back porch again.  The Weather Channel is putting the next wintry mess right over us for Tuesday and Wednesday.  We're in for an icy couple of days.  My guess is that it's not really a winter storm as it hasn't been named.  My birds have plenty of seed and suet and I'll be making more warming winter soups and probably another small chocolate cake to go with the wine to get us through this year's crazy NC winter.  Cliff wishes he were in Florida.  I really don't mind it if it's only a few days and by Friday we'll be back in the 50's again.  The garden will need to be tilled around the first week of March so I can plant my snap peas and a few weeks later get the potatoes in the ground.  So in my mind, spring is not that far away. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog