Just More Pictures





Even after all the commotion and organized chaos of the day, I still woke around 5:30.  Hayden and Kirby slept soundly on the living room couch.  They slept through the coffee gurgling in the kitchen and I was able to put on the low light near my recliner.  I would read and enjoy the quiet morning until about 6:15 when little children started climbing up in my lap with blankies and sippy cups.  Hayden would find a cartoon they were allowed to watch and we vegged out til they wanted breakfast.
Olivia and Ben vegging with me.

Later in the day the three big ones made bean bags with me out in the sewing room.
 The children picked out their fabric and cut it, practiced machine stitching on a practice fabric, then stitched along a chalk line to make their bean bags.
 Olivia fashioned her new look with ribbons and lace she found in boxes.
Hayden made a piggy bank with a divider inside from an old shoe box for Olivia and Ben to drop their coins into.

They dug up about five pounds of potatoes from our garden.
This was Grant's turn to make supper.  He chose the Pioneer Woman's meatloaf recipe that he helped his father make at home and we mashed up our garden potatoes.  It is an awesome meatloaf.  We made enough for leftovers so Jim and Lauria could have some when they returned.  There were no mashed potatoes left.  He served peas and broccoli with the meatloaf and of course, we ended the meal with ice-cream.




Comments

ralph said…
they had such a great time. thank you so much for being there for my kids.
Betsy said…
I am so honored to have had them!!!

Popular posts from this blog