We were under a winter storm watch all day so we visited Cliff's mother at 9 AM and went straight home before the predicted icy weather was due in our area.  When I checked our radar early afternoon, the map showed us in icy conditions but here on the mountain we were still above the freezing mark and getting only rain and it's been rain all afternoon.  Thank goodness.  The next ten days are going to be very cold and winter-like.  Even though it's been a mild winter with temps around 50 most days, I'm thinking spring.  Daylight savings time is less than three weeks away.  My package of heirloom seeds arrived in the mail Saturday and the basil on the window sill is thriving.  I ordered two varieties of beets, three lettuces, a Malaga radish (purple), Tatsoi (Oriental greens), two spinaches, and going to try mustard greens this year.

Baked a walnut-date bread and a slow-cooker chicken while enjoying a cup of ginger-tumeric tea and a good book this afternoon.  That's about all I can stand of being cooped in so tomorrow, no matter how cold it is, I'm going outside. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog