Don't know how much rain we got yesterday.  The $1.29 plastic rain gauge has water over the 1/2 " mark but the creek down back can be heard up here on the porch.  Cliff had  an early doctor appointment this morning and saw the creek cascading over the rocks. Cardinals have been at the feeders continuously for the past couple of days, even during the rain all day yesterday.  I spotted a male house finch at the feeder this morning while making a red lentil soup. We've seen them at the feeder outside of Dot's window at the nursing facility but never at our feeders. 
 
We're hearing more singing from the little brown Carolina wren and the wood thrush.  They must feel that spring is just around the corner.  Wait until they get up Thursday morning and try singing in the negative numbers.  We might reach 15 degrees that day.  Wah!  For my New England followers, I know I'm whining.  Tonight and tomorrow more wintry mix is expected so if I'm held captive by slippery road conditions, I'll probably be in the kitchen again making more soups and experimenting with new recipes to try on Cliff.  He never knows what will land on his plate.  My sewing room was 40 degrees this morning without the sun.  The space heater is on and the sun is out now pouring into the room.  Lentil soup is cooling, dishes are done, and the counters are clean for now.  Heading out to my room to play with my new Waverly fabric.  Walmart is now carrying Waverly for only $3.98 a yard.  Made another set of kitchen curtains.  This time I lined them with a soft peach sheet that I found at my favorite thrift store.
The east window over the sink is a shabby chic valance that can drop down at night to keep the cold out and be rolled back up in the morning. 


Comments

ralph said…
those are some seriously delicious looking curtains...

Popular posts from this blog