Hurrah for daylight savings time! I'm so happy to have more daylight at the end of the day so I won't feel so sleepy by 7 o'clock.  Yesterday our new neighbor came over and helped Cliff take down two enormous trees from the south end of the garden that were throwing too much shade on my vegetables.  The white oaks will give us two or three more winters of firewood.  Our garden needs to be tilled but the clay is still too spongy.   We've noticed that no farmers have plowed their gardens yet.  Today was about 69 and sunny by 3 pm but we're in for five days of rain which will delay any plowing or tilling.

I bought another hummingbird feeder and am getting excited about putting them out towards the end of this month.  I noted on last year's calendar that I put the feeders out on March 25 and had our first hummingbird look in the kitchen window at me on April 3.  I'm thinking spring!  Will start watching my hummingbird migration site to follow their journey north.

Down along the 4-lane the daffodils  are up about six inches and the tulips outside our bank are budding.  This week I'll transplant the basil to a window box and put the box out on the porch on sunny warm days. 

Think spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog