It's coming up on seven years since we retired and moved here.  It's been over two years since the garage was finished.  Time truly does fly when you're having fun.  The window trim in my sewing room has remained unpainted for the two-and-a-half years I've been using the room.  At first I couldn't decide what to do with the wood.  If I painted it, would I like the color?  Would I be sorry that I painted it and not stained it?  At one time I'd taped an old winter card with scattered snowflakes on a blue watercolor background from Lauria and Jim on the peach wall near the bare wood.  The blue really appealed to me and complimented the peach walls.  So for the past year I've been collecting blue paint cards from Lowes trying to figure out if I'd regret painting the woodwork blue.  Then........to complicate my mind even more, I had some southwestern material that I really loved but didn't know where to use it.  Last week I decided this whole procrastinating thing was absurd.  I bought the blue paint and made valences for the windows.  Valences wouldn't restrict my view of the sky or woods.  The view is much of the freedom and pleasure of being out in my room.
Cliff was sweet enough to paint both windows and the door frame for me.
The blue gives the room a joyful cheery feeling.
The concrete floor is cool in the summer and I put a small carpet down in the winter, but have to be careful of dropping pins and losing them in the carpet.








Comments

Karen Swain said…
I really like your new color scheme. It makes the room uniquely yours.

Popular posts from this blog