My first time riding the down the tube water slide with Grant on our mini vacation at Myrtle Beach. This was a major accomplishment for me.  My idea of a thrill ride is the tea cups at Disney.  While in line climbing the stairs, Grant kept checking with me to see if I had butterflies and was doing okay and was such a good sport to put up with my screaming all the way down.  It was so much fun we got Cliff to ride it. 

Last June when family members got together in Florida for Richard and Sarah's wedding, Mark and Kathy invited us to join everyone at the beach house they were renting for the family reunion this summer.  Cliff and I delighted in watching the expression on friends' faces when we announced that we were spending a few days in Myrtle Beach with my ex-husband and his wife. 
Closer view of my water ride.
The race slide which I did not do. 
We floated on the lazy river and I climbed the stairs a few more times to ride the tube.  By noon the lines were so long, it wasn't worth the wait. 
 Mark grilling with Jacob and Grant.
The beach house had five bedrooms with three baths.  Children slept on couches, blowup mattresses, and by morning, little bodies were asleep everywhere.   In the evenings we walked to the ocean to  swim and body surf the incoming tide.
Hayden, my daughter-in-law, Jen, Natasha, and Ben.
Me and Mark.
John and Carolyn couldn't come out to the beach because Carolyn is still healing from her surgery.  I didn't realized until I got home and I went through the pictures, that we didn't get pictures of everyone.  When Kathy and her daughter, Heather, download more pictures, I'll post them.  I wanted to get something posted so I don't get too far behind........again.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog