Once upon a time deep in the forests of mountainous western North Carolina, Goldilocks came upon an adorable mini-dwelling.
                                           My new garden shed! 
Nothing is easy when you live on the side of a mountain.


 Cliff's friend, Dutch, came by to help dig and level the platform.
                                                      front view
Placing the parts to be assembled near the site.
 Walls are held together with the square connectors that slipped into grooves.
We began assembling around 8:30 Sunday morning.  Cloudy day with no rain.  Clouds kept the temp down a little but it was humid..
Now he decides to read the directions!   Just kiddin'. Floor and walls were pretty simple.  Doors, front and back triangles, and roof took time and patience. 
I'm glad I had my strength back.  Holding the roof piece and snapping it into place took muscle and stamina.
To put the right side roof piece on, I balanced on this ledge and held the back corner down while Cliff fastened it in place.  My big feet barely fit on the board.  We'll fill that gap with plywood.
By 1:30 Sunday afternoon we were soaked with perspiration and done.  The peak would take two strong people on front and back ladders.
Monday morning Mike was at the house at 9:30 to help Cliff finish the roof.  Barb and I supervised from Adirondack chairs in the shade of a dogwood tree.
In the mornings before the temperature and humidity are uncomfortable, I'll clear away brush and prickly vines and decide where I'll put flowering bushes for the butterflies and hummingbirds.  This afternoon I put in a few garden tools.  Later when I figure out what to use for storage shelves, I can add my potting soil, pots, and hand tools. 

Because we have no access to this area since building the fence, we couldn't have a shed structure delivered.  I saw this Rubbermaid Roughneck on display at Lowe's and decided this was the way to go.  Once or twice a year Lowe's sends out $10 and $25 off cards and I planned on using one for the shed.  Cliff usually doesn't throw advertisements/mail away, but he did throw the Lowe's cards away.  So I emailed corporate asking if someone could tell me when the next discount mailing would be and that I had planned on using it to purchase the 7x7 Rubbermaid shed.  I received a reply the next day offering me a one-time 10% discount.  The display at our Lowe's in Murphy showed that the shed cost $649.  I accepted the 10% discount and did the sale on the phone with Sam from wherever he was calling from. Sam said his computer screen showed the shed priced at $549 and with the 10% discount and taxes, my cost would be $533.  Did I still want to purchase the shed?  That was a no-brainer! Sold!

I love my little Goldilocks and Three Bears dwelling.
 







Comments

ralph said…
its gorgeous!! but, seriously, i'm not sure how all 7 of us will fit in there. no indoor plumbing?

Popular posts from this blog