Wednesday is Benjamin's 7th birthday..........already.  I try to text or email the children a few weeks ahead of their birthdays reminding them to send me their wish-list.  That way their birthday gifts arrive before their day.   Ben only asked for one thing and Lauria included the Walmart link so I could easily purchase the correct item he wanted for his birthday.  I went online to the Walmart site using her link, ordered the Battleship Game, and designated her as the pick-up person.   So today she went to her Walmart to pick up Ben's gift but it wasn't there.  Cliff installed a virtual private network on my computer some time ago so I figured it accidentally went to Phoenix, AZ or Butte, Montana but it didn't. The game was ready for pick up in Murphy.  When I texted Lauria about the gift, I asked her to explain to Ben that his Pau Pau is old and sometimes she gets mixed up!  I'll pick up the gift and mail it to him before he turns eight.

Pulled up all the tomato plants this morning.  The intention was to only pull up the really sad ones,  the ones that were old dried and shriveled and looked like they couldn't bear anymore fruits.  As I clipped and removed dead vines, I spotted the disgusting vile green caterpillars that invaded my plants in the spring.  Instead of fighting them for the next few weeks, I pulled up all the plants and saved the good tomatoes.
I kept the best looking ones to ripen in the kitchen.
Our June music garlic that was planted last October.  It was so exciting to dig the dozen garlic in June that I ordered more for this year.  I'm hoping to plant about thirty cloves this October.  The fall kale and lettuce are about three inches tall.  No pests invading the leaves yet.  It's still unusually warm for September.  I work outside until about noon when the temperature reaches high 80's then relax on the back porch.  We're still dry with no rain in sight. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog