Our weather is still unseasonably warm which makes me want to be outside working the garden.  But with the sun lower in the sky now barely appearing above the tall forest oaks and pines, the garden is limited to only four to five hours of direct sun.  The fall garlic was planted a couple of weeks ago.  Last year I did twelve cloves and got eleven beautiful heads of garlic in June.  It was so exciting to dig, dry and use home grown garlic that I planted thirty-five cloves this year. 
The garlic bed is covered with a layer of dead leaves and six inches of straw.

My last couple of CSA bags contained lots of orange and yellow peppers.  Eating the rainbow is healthy and delicious and allows me to try lots of new recipes on Cliff. I chopped and froze four peppers for use during the winter and yesterday made fiesta stuffed peppers with the remaining ones.

They're even better tasting the next day after the flavors have soaked in and blended together.
One afternoon last week, Barb and Mike landed here for Emeril's Cajun Jambalaya and she was in charge of the vegetables.  She brought her new spiralizer for our vegetable medley and I fell in love with the process and the ease of preparing vegetables.  She left it here for me to play with and I've been spiralizing anything that doesn't move.



Last night's dinner of purple cabbage with apples and fiesta stuffed peppers with avocado, chopped red onions, and sprinkled with fresh lime juice.  The night before I spiralized the carrots and potatoes, sprinkled Parmesan cheese over them and baked them in the oven.  Yesterday I ordered my own Paderno from William-Sonoma.  Since I've been eating clean healthy foods to keep the RA inflammation in remission, I've found my taste buds more alive and aware.  Foods taste better.  My spiralizer is on its way so vegetables beware.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog