April 25 .........proof read on May 2
Our farmers market opened three weeks ago so until our spring greens are ready to harvest I've been buying bags of fresh arugula, spinach, Swiss chard, and radishes.  When the egg vendor is set up, I get a couple dozen fresh eggs.  Sometimes our local family-run Mountain Pack n' Ship sells their neighbor's fresh eggs. This has been a different spring........ colder, cloudier than previous years so our vegetables and chickens are struggling.  Chickens?  When did I type that?!  I must have been drinking when I drafted this back on April 25.  And I never proofed it or posted it. 
Yesterday I resprayed the deer barrier tape and the ground perimeter after finding various animal tracks in the garden along with  multiple vole holes and tunnels.  Our neighbors up the road are still battling with some form of rodents chewing vehicle wires.  Stories of rodent invasions this year are widespread. After a little weeding and other garden chores, I relaxed with my cup of tea and listened to the quiet.
                                                      garlic and rhubarb
     Relaxing under my sour wood tree, one of the first to leaf after the blossoms drop.
Our male guarding his territory.  Cliff saw three fighting over the feeder the other day.  Thursday we had a brilliant cerulean Indigo Bunting come to the birdbath and eat from a suet.  That's a rare sight for us.  We've also observed five male red-breasted gross beaks and one female at the front garden feeders. 

I'll be teaching yoga classes three days a week for the month of May if anyone wants to attend!  Anita will be busy holding her first grandson.

This afternoon I found a leftover bag of farmers market kale sitting on the fridge shelf so looked up a recipe to use the kale and other veggies hanging around the fridge.  I found a blog from girlmakesfood.com who cooks like I do.  She listed the ingredients, threw them into a soup pot, and simmered until tender.  Anyone who reads her recipe had better have prep knowledge or they would be tossing whole onions and carrots into the soup pot. Soup was easy and delicious.

May 2

I bought a fit-bit that records steps, heart beat, etc.  Well, actually it was purchased by accident.  When comparing item prices, from different sites, that I'm thinking about buying, sometimes I place the item in the "cart."  The item may stay in the cart for a week or so or go to my wish list until I'm sure I really want to make the purchase.  So the fit-bit was still sitting in the Amazon cart when Cliff used my computer to make his Amazon purchase.  The fit-bit is not an expense gizmo.  It only records number of steps, heart BPM, and a few other things.  I was curious to see how many steps we do in Zumba class and on those days if I reach the recommended 10,000 steps to maintain healthy heart muscles.  My Zumba moves provide 5,000+ to 6,000+ steps during the hour.  I don't move as much or as fast as my 45 year old instructor but I love the music and the dance and it's a fun cardio.  Back to accidental purchase.  Cliff found what he wanted on Amazon, placed it in the cart, and hit the purchase tab.  Voila!  My fit-bit was purchased. 

Last Friday, which was still April, was my first yoga sub class for the month of May.  When I picked up my May PARC calendar, I was quite surprised to see my name on the schedule!  How neat! And I get paid!  Pay never entered my mind when I agreed to do this because I'm not certified but I figured it would allow me to keep up my practice which helps lubricate joints and feels great.  


Cliff attends my three sessions a week to support me and starts my CD's for me.  When we get home he also critiques my sessions from a participant's point of view which is helpful for future plans.  I'm having a lot of fun and the regular yogis are so-o supportive. 

We've started bleaching and pressure washing the porch for our next project:  spring staining. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog