This is not a fuzzy dark rotting tree stump!
11:49 this morning...................

At this point I brought the iPhone out to the front porch with me for better photos than through the kitchen screen.

 Oh, no! Not the feeder............Please don't yank it off the hook and destroy it..................
 While she shook and tipped the feeder, I stood on the top step banging two metal kitchen pots together and asked her to go feed in someone else's yard. She just looked at me.
 She went back to her eating and I remained on the top step watching her in amazement.
 She's thin.  Not enough berries and acorns for the wildlife to fatten for winter.
                                         She's so beautiful................Maybe she found me annoying because she slowly got up and lumbered to the road, crossed over to Clay's woods and continued on, probably to find another bird feeder.

 I had just finished vacuuming the Kia in the driveway when Cliff's pager went off.  He was building a screen door for the crawl space.  With all the rain we've had, the crawl space hasn't had a chance to dry.  Now he can leave it open day and night during this short drying spell.  A few minutes after he responded to the medical call, I was at the kitchen sink cleaning one of the hummingbird feeders when I saw the bear standing at that tree.  I couldn't believe it!  During the day............. When we texted a few of the neighbors, there were reports that she had visited them, too.  

Yesterday while sitting on the back porch, a thought came to me that it was possible for the bear to wander onto the porch while we were relaxing out there.  Cliff's chair is situated at the living room French doors.  My chair is near the bedroom French doors which he keeps locked.  New plan: when I'm on the back porch the bedroom French doors will remain unlocked until we close up for the night. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog