What's more exciting than the sound of a Honda engine running in a new pressure washer?


The harvesting, washing, and bagging the first crop of lettuce, spinach, and Lacinato kale!  Dr. Weil has a fabulous kale salad in his cookbook, True Food, that I'll be making for me tonight with our grilled tuna steak.

Since Cliff bought the new Craftsman pressure washer, with a Honda engine, he's cleaned the front of the garage and stained it, washed the side of the house facing the road, and the peaked-front of the house.  Each time he smiles and reminds me how much he loves the purr of a  Honda engine.  Purr?

                                   Wisteria bud getting ready to bloom. 
Forgive me if I repeat myself and have posted some of this in earlier posts.  I just went back to my earlier writing and didn't see any but it seems I've said this before.  Deja vu.............

Each spring the rose-breasted grosbeaks return to nest here, then leave. Not sure where they go.  Last year I had five couples, the males being the most vibrant singing their melodious hearts out. 
Carolina wrens started building their nest in a box I placed on the top shelf of my new potting shelves.  Each year they've nested under the geranium flowers and leaves in the kitchen window box. We'll watch to see if any other birds choose that site.
The mason bees have started settling in their new home.  Wasn't sure this was the right site for the bee house until I noticed bees using it. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog