Not all refrigerator vegetables drawers are created equal.

Cliff is on his way to Bike Week with his fire buddy, Dutch.  To avoid the Daytona Beach drama they'll be riding in the Jacksonville area.  I promised him that while he was away I would do my best  not hurt myself and leave the vacuum in the bathroom closet and the floor mop where it is.  I figured this would be a good time to go through some of my clothes that are too big or too old or I just don't like anymore.  Out went my Harley motorcycle jacket.  I'm never getting on the bike again.  I feel too vulnerable and unsafe.  I really don't even want him riding again but.................  I found a few forgotten things tucked in the back of the closet, now moved to the front, that I hadn't seen in years.  Cliff and I are so predictable with what we wear daily choosing the same comfortable jeans and shirts that we neglect the other clothes.  The other day I told him we need to start cleaning the shed and other piles of junk so our children won't be stuck trashing our collections when we die. 

After sorting and recycling clothes, I figured this was a good time to make myself a nice lentil soup.  Tucked under the carrots and celery in the vegetable drawer, was a sandwich-size plastic bag that oozed on old rotten cucumber onto the bottom of the drawer.   After putting all the good vegetables on the counter and the oozed drawer tipped into the sink, I started filling it with warm water and a drop of dish detergent until I felt the warm water on my bare feet as it ran down the cabinet doors onto the floor.  All my other fridge drawers were tight and I was able to swish soapy water around when cleaning them in the sink.  So not only did I have to clean the oozed cuke juice, wipe and dry the inside and outside of the cabinets,  I ended up washing the kitchen floor.............but without the mop. 

Today was full sun and 56 degrees.  Refreshing after so many rainy dark days. 
This hawk has been a regular visitor for the past few weeks.  He's really quite beautiful and amazing to watch as he maneuvers through the trees to his next perch.  I'm hoping he's scouting for rodents not my birds. 

The Carolina wren is still lining his nest with dead leaves.  The leaves are left to dry out before adding more and today I saw a black-capped chickadee start bringing nesting materials into the same house he used last year. We still have another month of unpredictable weather to go so I hope they know what they're doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog