HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!

No rain today!  Sky was mostly sunny for half of the day with temperatures reaching 75 degrees this afternoon.  In the morning we hit CVS and Walgreens to get Cliff's 3-month Rxs so we're both good for now, then walked Konehete Park in town.  Lots of retired people walking their dogs and breathing in the spring air.  We're so very thankful that this social distancing is not during the dreary winter when we're so confined in our homes.  Each day is a gift.  Simply untie the ribbons.

Early this afternoon  I wrapped my Velcro wrist bands on, put on gloves and headed to the garden to remove winter leaves and weeds in a small garden patch.  With winter being as mild as it was, the weeds took advantage of me and flourished.  Cliff helped spread and dig the mushroom compost into the soil.  I spotted some microscopic lettuce sprouts and more pea sprouts.  After about an hour of puttering around the garden, I quit and headed back to the house in hopes that I didn't overdo my spring excitement.

Tonight's supper is garlic shrimp with pasta and spinach.  Easy to make and easy for Cliff to clean up.

Stay healthy and keep your spirits up......................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog