Our new "normal" routine has my brain working overtime.  Since the gym closing I have no reference  to gauge what day of the week it is.  Each morning upon pulling out the 7-day pill box for that day's Rxs and supplements, as long as I took the day before's pills, is a good indication of what day it could be.  On one hand it's a welcomed break to not get out the door in time to use the sauna for 10-15 minutes before our 9 o'clock Zumba class but if it's raining there's no form of cardio to keep heart muscles strong and healthy. Trips from the recliner to the cabinets or refrigerator don't provide the needed 10,000 steps.  I dance around the kitchen with my Pandora music and do about 30-45 minutes of yoga daily.  If I don't move, my joints argue with me but it's not in my nature to sit too long anyway.  The benefits of dancing in the kitchen and yoga help calm the waves of anxiety about my suppressed immune system and contracting the virus.  Cliff hasn't responded to any medicals and as the days pass and we listen to updates, we're  re-evaluating other activities.  If a store appears very busy, I stay in the truck while Cliff does the shopping. 

Yesterday gave us a chance to be outside most of the day.  Cliff helped Charlie and Bill slingshot wires up over tall trees to improve their ham radio "stuff."  I loosened soil, pulled some weeds, took a break then worked mushroom compost into the soil.

 Peas are about 3" tall.  I saw spinach sprouts and lots of tiny lettuce sprouting.  Our forsythia are in full bloom along with the daffodils.  The finches dull yellow-green winter feather are molting as their  brilliant new yellow ones appear.  We had just shy of 3/4" of rain throughout the night and are in for more today and tomorrow.  Thursday I'll be able to get back outside in the garden. 

There's really many indoor projects that have been put off that we could be doing now. 
**clean out closets and drawers
**re-grout dried grout in the Jacuzzi bath
**organize and throw away my stacks of recipes, clipped articles that I mean to read but never did
**clean out the soap stove....we're finished with wood fires
**remove wood pile from porch
**recycle old magazines
**wash inside windows
**trying to get Cliff to play cribbage with me

In lieu of those boring chores, I tried a new hummus recipe instead.  Sweet Potato Hummus.
After all the work of peeling and boiling the sweet potato prior to throwing all the ingredients into the processor, the flavor and texture were disappointing.  Sometimes I tweak the ingredients and try a recipe a second time but not with this one.  I have a hummus recipe that's garlic-loaded and my favorite so this won't be a remake.  Too many dirty pots, dishes, and too much prepping.  Small containers will go into the freezer for snacking later. I've avoided baking cookies, brownies, and desserts since we're more sedate. 
When it's not raining, we walk Konehete Park in Murphy.  It's very uplifting now with everything coming into bloom.  Very hopeful........................



Comments

Popular posts from this blog