Around the beginning of March, Cliff topped the early spring flowering sourwood tree that canopies my garden chair where I sit patiently watching my vegetables grow.  It was quite a chore because we let the growth go too long.  His concern was that the tree would be shocked and eventually die and he knows how much the tree comforts me.

I assured him the tree would produce little buds and branches because it wanted to survive.  Now we're watching to see how it'll fill out and thicken the growth.
All the potted veggies and herbs were returned from the porch to the counters, window sills, and every available place in the sun during last week's "dogwood winter" cold spell.  That should be the end of frost danger here so now they can be transplanted into the gardens and other outside vessels.
The last front came through with 17 mph winds lodging a small branch into the hummingbird feeder.  I couldn't have done that if I had tried.  We have both male and female hummingbirds hitting the feeders now. 

The old gourd that hung in the mountain laurel for years became too moldy to house birds any longer.  There was one gourd left from years ago when I grew them so I carved a small hole, threaded a new wire through the top, and replaced the moldy gourd with the new one. 
Within hours a black-capped chickadee found it and moved in.

Cliff has an appointment with the cardiologist this Wednesday.  He's actually handling this diagnosis better than I expected.  It's a lot to absorb.  I didn't sleep well the first night after he told me what our doctor said.  Wednesday we'll get more information and get answers to our questions.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog