our little female tanking up at the kitchen window

Cliff's cardiologist visit went well and we both felt some relief when the doctor told him what he saw so far was not unusual for a man his age.  Next Wednesday the stress test will give more detailed information and the week after another blood test.  The doctor also told him by the time he's 85 he'll most likely have a pace maker.  He's taking it all in stride as part of his effort in reducing his stress.  Even though the gym is closed, we do Zumba together in the living room 4-5 days a week and walk around the river walk some afternoons, weather permitting.  I know he's getting comfortable about this because with a grin on his face his new line is "I can't wash dishes or I can't vacuum because I've got a heart condition."  Nice try!

When I lived in Florida,  I might have received 2-3 phone calls from my mother some days, just to hear my voice or share a gardening story.  One Saturday morning about 7:30, she called me just to say good morning, but before she dialed me she woke up some poor female in Alaska when she put in the wrong area code.  It's too bad my mother's not alive now to enjoy texting.  Last week I received a hilarious comic about the Jake, the State Farm guy.  I forwarded it to Barb, so I thought.  I missed her number by one digit and the comic went to an unknown person who texted back that she didn't recognize my name but she certainly enjoyed the State Farm comic.  At least I didn't wake her up.

Today was rainy, raw feeling, causing me to forage for nibbling food all day because we can't go anywhere.  Cliff did drive me to Tractor Supply so I could run in and pick up two suet packs for the woodpeckers.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog