Well, I haven't inflamed wrists or fingers.....yet.  I can into my own little world with the headphones on getting away from covid news or things I don't feel like facing.  Nobody hears my mistakes but me.  It's a nice place to be.

Today we started taking down wall hangings, pictures, calendars, etc. to get the rooms ready for a fresh new paint job.  Living room, dining area and part of the kitchen will be refreshed with Canvas Tan and the peaked wall in the living room will be Dried Thyme, an accent color to break up the monotone.  About four years ago we hired a guy we knew, Sonny's Painting, to pressure wash the house and stain it.  I met Sonny more than six years ago in my yoga class at the gym.  He showed up at the classes whenever he could, rainy days when he couldn't paint outside, when business slowed a little, or when his back hurt and he needed to stretch and realign.  Climbing up and down ladders is rough on aging muscles and joints, especially in your sixties.  I found his business card recently, called and left a message for an estimate when he had time.  Because I knew him, my message was funnier and more familiar than you would a stranger.  When the call was returned and the voice said, "hello, this is Sonny returning your call" I was surprised to hear such a young man's voice and figured it was one of his younger painters.  We set a date for him to see the rooms and give an estimate.  When that day arrived, I opened the door to find a absolutely handsome dark-hair young Italian  man who said with a chuckle, "Hi, I'm Sonny!"  Sonny (the Dad) retired two years ago due to back and knee issues and his son, Sonny, took over the business.  He enjoys seeing the look on customers' faces when they didn't know his Dad retired.  I knew Sonny had a son who was helping him during summers but still pictured a teenager not a grown  young man with a family. My, time certainly passes quickly.

I kind of like the clean look to the walls without so many pictures and stuff hanging so I think I'll take my time deciding what goes back up.  It'll be so nice to have a clean fresh look.  We've been talking about doing it ourselves for years but now it's too big a task and not good for Cliff's hips and knees.  

I'll get pictures of Sonny working. He'll be here bright and early before 8 to get started.  Cliff goes for his covid booster tomorrow morning and will have full immunity in two weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog