It's 7:30 a.m. and as dark as midnight!  And one of my older lady friends from pre-covid yoga classes texted me at 5:15 this morning!  This time of year I peacefully sleep until about six when I slowly return from a hibernating state feeling refreshed. Normally around 7 I can pull back all the winter drapes as the light begins to awaken my birds and the Carolina wren greets me with his good morning song.  This morning dark heavy-laden clouds opened up with an inch of rain in forty-five minutes.  The only saving grace is that the temperature is a balmy 54, not the cutting cold freeze that comes with winter temperatures.  It's been a crazy December with fluctuating temperatures.  Some afternoons I'm in short sleeve t-shirts and capris, doing yoga in the afternoon on my deck under the leafless trees.  Other days I'm in long jeans, sweatshirt, and cozy warm socks.  We're coming into the winter solstice, the darkest time of the year, a difficult time for me, especially difficult this year.  

That's all.................just needed to complain and get it off my chest.  I hated winter in Massachusetts.  It was difficult to be trapped inside for so many months in the dreary weather.  This morning caught me off guard, surprised me with my reaction to the dark dreary morning.  It'll be better as the day goes and I promise not to open a bottle of Pinot Noir!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog