Low twenties damp and raw feeling when we got up this morning at six. The only reason I got moving was because the dentist was squeezing me in at eight o'clock.  Saturday morning, always on a weekend when an event calls for a dentist or a doctor, while flossing my crown popped off its post.  Luckily the crown dropped on the floor.  I placed it in a sandwich-size ziplock bag and put it where I could keep an eye on it and away from the trash.  That night we had to attend Cliff's Station 25 Christmas party.  Cliff and I wear masks everywhere we go.  That worked for covering the missing bottom front tooth until....... it was time to eat.  The members are pretty respectful of each other and sat either with their families or small groups all around the room.  I just kept eating so nobody could talk to me.............. Anyway, crown was cemented back on this morning.  

Our December weather actually has been quite mild between cold fronts.  Last Friday  I was able to do my yoga outside on the back porch in seventy-degree weather.

My favorite asana............corpse pose, surrendering with no muscular effort.

Earlier in the day I took a chance and started pulling up the tall dead red salvia that had reseeded all over the lower garden during the summer.  The birds had pecked all the dried seeds from the stalk pods and I wanted to avoid inflaming wrists and hands by pulling a small area at a time.  

 

Last year to make sure bunnies couldn't get to my beans and chard, Cliff pounded tent stakes in the fence every couple of feet around the garden.  When pulling dried stalks, I saw this entrance/exit in the fence.  Would you believe it was made by an adult turtle!  So probably somewhere in the garden is a nest of eggs waiting for spring to hatch.  I came across a turtle one day earlier this year working slowing, digging patiently with her hind legs in the hard clay soil, creating a place to deposit her eggs.  So I recognize the shape of the hole and with her hard shell she pushed under the fence until she could get in and out.  Nature is grand.  I love observing how the creatures adapt and keep trudging along.

 It was peaceful and so soothing being in the garden again.  Forty-eight hours later there was no pain or inflammation.  While pulling and shaking off clumps of soil, I thought about different ways to plan the garden and make it work for me in the spring.  

Cliff is still doing well.  I didn't think we'd get any Christmas lights up this year but right after Thanksgiving he pulled the boxes down from the garage attic and began decorating.

This pleased him.  Good for his spirits...........




Comments

Popular posts from this blog