At 6:15 am it's a balmy 63 degrees.  A close whippoorwill is calling at the north end of the house and is answered by a distant reply somewhere deeper in the woods.  The closer whippoorwill walks and talks as the sound becomes closer and louder.  Sitting on the front porch feeling the delightful spring morning on my skin, I'm hoping to catch sight of the calling bird walk through our front trees but by the sound of the song, it moved away. As the sky shows first light, Carolina wrens begin their morning songs throughout the trees.  Within minutes, the forest is full of song.


                                         Spinach growing between the garlic.  Spinach can take the cold nights.

                                            Picked the last of last fall's kale, chopped it up...............

mixed it with chopped collards and made a Mediterranean veggie dish for me.  Easy and tasty.

Full bloomed tulips at our Truist bank ..............


Monday was cloudy but I was amazed with the brilliant colors the tulips displayed......for me.

We still only have the one male ruby-throat hummingbird at our feeders.  Last year I spotted the first female about ten days after the male arrival.

Purchased hummingbird nesting balls on Amazon.  Hoping the little HBs will build a nest in a small branch crotch where we can see it.  Barb already has three hummers in Blairsville.  

Letting my hair go grey!!!!


 With everything going on in our lives, it became too much to fit into the routine.  I did the coloring at home about every six weeks because my hair felt fluffier and healthier after and I enjoyed playing with different shades.  My hairdresser suggested I grow it out and see if I like it.  She told me my grey coming in was not a "mousy" grey but a healthy looking aging grey.  So it's been a couple of months since I colored.  I changed shampoos because grey needs different ingredients for aging hair and my hair doesn't feel stiff and straw-like anymore.  Not coloring allows more free time to garden, paint, and fill that time with other adventures.  Yeah!!






 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog