Fifty-nine degrees with  very thick overcast 2pm........................

This morning was the Kris Kringle open air market in Blairsville, GA.  It had been a mild 54 degree rainy night.  Cliff didn't have the energy to go to the market with me so he stayed wrapped up like an enchilada in his comfy blanket .  Tomorrow is his last day on the two harsh antibiotics which are just causing so much gut distress.  It was still raining when I left for the market at 9:30 and raining when I arrived. I hoped so much, for the vendors, that the turnout would be profitable. At 10 the only parking available was out in the open field. Such a festive atmosphere. There were a few farmers with winter greens like collard and root vegetables.  I bought fresh beets, sweet potatoes, and a bunch of collards.  I bought fig and rosemary chevre from my goat lady and an assortment of goodies from my gluten-free baker.  The various crafts were beautiful but I didn't buy any.. I just walked by admiring the artistry and craftsmanship.  I truly enjoy this open market. It's so full of creative ideas and people. It filled me with what I needed this morning.

 Cliff has been paying closer attention to his fluid intake.   Mornings are still slow starting. I make deviled eggs to leave in the fridge for snacking or breakfast.  This week I made beef stew so if all he ate was the broth and a few veggies, it was full of nutrition.  After the Rxs are finished I'll cook whatever appeals to him.  It's heartbreaking.............

At Thanksgiving when the grandchildren were here the outside and inside Christmas trees went up. 

Jim brought the Christmas boxes down from the garage shelves and grandchildren began digging through the boxes and decorating.  My cold virus was so miserable I couldn't even think about Christmas decorations.  It was so wonderful to have them here to help me through this time with Cliff in the hospital and begin our Christmas decorations.  


Thanksgiving cactus in full bloom.


 Grant grating Parmesan cheese for the pasta that Hayden is making.

           Jim taking a break..........

                                                       Sofia

                       Tired mother Lauria......................

                                                          Ben relaxing on my bed,,,,,,,,


                Olivia...........her legs really are that long.

Wonderful Thanksgiving visit.  Family kept me upbeat and grounded during Cliff's hospital time.

I don't proofread much anymore...........you can figure it out.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog