His radios, glasses, and watch still set on the end table.  His slippers and sneakers lay by the back door.  Jackets still occupy the hooks in the hallway.  His electric toothbrush holds its place by the bathroom sink. 



In two out of seven photos, Cliff is eating.  John spent hours going through photos to show the Cliff we all knew and loved.  He loved me and he loved to eat.  


Very simple ceremony at the funeral home.  Cliff didn't want a lot of fuss.  The EMTs and volunteer firefighters and I wanted the honor parade through town past station 17, ending at station 25 with the bells, Amazing Grace bagpipes, and the firefighters last call.


Our neighbor up the road, Charlie, honoring Cliff with Amazing Grace bagpipes.


Back at the ranch for a celebration of life.......

The four children haven't been together since our mother died in December 2008.  They picked up right where they left off.

                                                          Family photo............................

Everyone was amazing..........................lots of support as I travel through this quagmire.

 

Dear Cliff,

         This afternoon I drove your red Toyota fire truck, sans red lights flashing, to the transfer station and dumped many bags of trash.  She and I bonded.  She purred when I drove.  The gas gauge is below 3/4.  Actually, it's almost half.  I'll gas her up the next time we hit the road.  I'm remembering to clean the dryer vent as you always did and I lock the doors before going to bed. The house is filled with you.  I feel your protection and love.

Love, Betsy






Comments

Popular posts from this blog