Some mornings are emotionally rough, especially with so many being cold and dreary and slow to see the sun.  We've had low 50s starts which makes the house cold, to me.  My mornings begin with a warm shower and 20 minute yin yoga slow stretches to get the kinks out.  As I type this at one o'clock, the temperature has reached 80.  Unexpected emotional ups and downs are draining, tiring some days and long dark dreary mornings trigger the blues.  I've also been overwhelmed with the state of clutter and unfinished projects for months that I have no control over. This week I began to feel some relief as a few tasks showed signs of completion.  Weeks ago the shed was moved exposing the sinkhole.  To move the shed a friend from station 25 disconnected the power and finally got time to come back, extend it and hook it back up.  So now I have lights in the shed again.  Also weeks ago before the shed was moved all the large plant containers were "rolled" all over the place for the "mule" to move the shed and the plants are still sitting displaced, in shady areas, on slopes, some are plants broken and seeing this messes with me.  All my work of starting tomatoes, etc with seeds is heartbreaking.  I'm waiting for a friend to come, hopefully, today or tomorrow, grade the driveway and fill in the sinkhole.  Then the container garden can be put back in the sun.  The area will be larger and more leveled.  In addition to this mess, the whole house was pressure washed which was another disaster.  My neighbor, Bill, is a really good guy and finds comfort in helping people so he hired a guy who has no car, can't find his cell phone half the time, etc., to pressure wash my house in gratitude for my gift of any of Cliff's HAM equipment he would like to take with him when he and Lisa move back to Ohio.  This task took over a week as the guy ran out of solution, which burned any plants that the spray contacted.  The plants were placed all over the woods, bird feeders removed, etc., and they stayed out of range for over a week.  Plants in the ground I covered as best I could but plastic blew off and leaves burned.  Now the whole house needs to be stained because he put too much pressure in some places and the raw wood is showing.  Also, after he left I had to mop clean the whole floor as it was caked with mud.  I washed all the windows and French doors with a soapy solution and a squeegy because the filth was caked on too much for Windex hose spray. Early this morning I woke with achy shoulders which are okay now.  I still have to wash the outside peaked windows and the kitchen door.  These are just some of the things that I've been dealing with for months along with lonely periods I go through and finding I need to run to Ingles for more wine.  ON a positive note.......I saw my doc on Monday and after about 14 months of trying to stabilize my thyroid ups and downs, lab results show the thyroid is stable and I don't need to do a follow-up until December. 

Things that bring me pleasure when my days seem scattered..................

A calming walk at Konehetee Park.  It was pretty neat that the parents kept an eye on me and other walkers but never moved their young from the pavement.

 


  Borage herb reseeds itself every year in unexpected places. The seeds must get windblown or dropped by birds each fall.  I have dozens of them popping up every spring and leave them where they grow naturally.  Great near tomatoes to deter the large disgusting tomato bug that eats the plant.  

My two chipmunks that arrive each morning waiting for their sunflower seeds breakfast.  The other one is on the lower kitchen garden board.  

rows of green and yellow beans planted at the same time.  Yellow on the left.  Green not responding as good.

Volunteers that are growing on there own.  I'll leave them growing too because they are doing better that some of the ones I planted. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog