"no words needed"..............................

Went to Walmart yesterday morning after walking Konehete Park

 


 and noticed the 3-burner grill I had looked at a couple of months ago for $149 was marked down to $96.  Into my cart it went and my neighbor on the north side of my house offered to assemble it for me.  Actually, his wife offered to assemble it until she saw how many directions and pieces it had and told Charlie he could do it.  

It'll be so pleasant to do fish outside again and not splatter it all over the cook-stove (NC terminology).

Also, bought a light lilac butterfly bush at Tractor Supply on the way home and with last night's pouring rain the ground was very workable for me.  This past winter the one degree temperatures we had around Christmas killed some of my established bushes and perennials. I'm still looking for the deep purple one.  After I planted the new bush I weed whacked the lower yard beyond the fenced garden, raked and piled up dead limbs.  Animals find a safe shelter in piled limbs and limbs break down over time going back to the earth.  The rotting leaves become Mother Nature's mulch and a haven for earthworms and keep the clay from drying out in the summer heat.  

Had lots of fruit from the farmers market last Saturday.  Made blueberry pie and baked apples with garden rosemary this afternoon.  It's humid today but not hot, 75 and feeling soupy.  Rained hard enough last night to make holes in  any exposed leaves.  I'm done.  Feet up and my supper tonight will be a piece of blueberry pie.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog