Six months on this date has passed since I kissed Cliff's face for the last time.  At first the time passes painfully slow yet now I look back and can't believe it's been six months.


 Each summer he watched the blooms develop on his lilies waiting for them to open each morning.  The past couple of years though he didn't see the flowers because deer would eat the sweet blooms early in the morning. This year his lilies made it all the way to full open flowers.  I told him his lilies were open and beautiful.  About two hours later as I was making my bed in the little room I spotted one doe having his lilies for breakfast.

Looks like another blossom trying to form.

We've had so much rain this past week that the rivers are thick with clay runoff.  Yesterday stormed off and on all day with periods of heavy rain and close lightning.  The weather station was taken down when I had the shed moved and hasn't been put back up.  I miss see the barometric pressure changes, wind velocity, and rain accumulation.  Dutch will help me put it back up when he gets a chance.  It's been a different summer all over the country.  Today is the first time I've seen sunshine in about a week but it could storm again later this afternoon.  Plants are struggling from too much rain and not enough sunlight.  

This is a lazy afternoon for me to sit on the porch in my swing with a book, glass of white wine and enjoy the light breeze and sun filtering through the forest. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog