I slept better last night, all night, but am still waking tired.  I added a 3 mg melatonin to my nighttime routine about three months ago, a suggestion from a retired nurse who thought it might help me drift into sleep and calm my mind.  So for the next week at least I'm dropping the melatonin to see how I feel when I wake.  

Yesterday afternoon we had strong wild winds bring in thunderstorms.  Trees twisted and lost leaves and branches.  You understand their strength when wind looks like it's pulling them out of the ground yet they spring back straight up.  I thought Cliff was overboard with all the battery backups but after yesterday, I understand his madness.  There was a continuous flickering of power for about 15 minutes.  I turned off the A/C and the TV even though they are protected by battery backup. The generator does come on until it sense about ten seconds of power loss.  A friend just a few miles away was without power for twelve hours.  At nine I went into town to walk Konehetee before humidity and heat became overbearing.  Trees were down here and there some due to landslides.  Walking helps me focus and calm my mind.  


The park has multiple trees and limbs down.  It was noticeably warmer and more humid off the mountain.  Lots of people walking early.  Another storm alert in the forecast again for this afternoon. I felt better by the time I got home.  I fed and watered Bill's chickens, let them out to scratch soil and eat worms.  They're always happy, which cheers me up, brings a smile to my face.  Collected eggs and set them on his porch.  He's not away but just trying to prepare his house to be sold.  This is something easy I can do to help him and chickens and I chat while I'm watering and feeding.

John and Carolyn were scheduled for a ten o'clock flight this morning from Orlando to LA.  She has a doctor appointment Monday with her renal surgeon to discuss her latest scan results..  She texted me from the airport that the plane was "broken" and , of course, everyone was scrambling to get their flights changed. John was able to get a four o'clock flight to LA.  Tuesday they'll jump on the return flight back to Orlando with information needed for some decisions.  I will update.

Too humid and heavy to sit on the porch so I'll go do a few tasks that need to be done, like wash the shower, clean up the messy kitchen after I make my delicious lunch, probably make sure there is nothing loose outside to fly around when the storms come.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog