Until I can find someone who understands why my iPhone won't download photos to the computer, you have to use your imagination. 

Saturday night I attended An Evening of Remembrance for those who passed away between December 2022 to the end of November 2023 at the Baptist church in town put on by Ivie Funeral Home.  Since receiving the invitation in the mail a month ago I hemmed and hawed whether to go as I dreaded dredging up emotions and walking in alone but a week before I dropped by the funeral home to let them know I would attend.  I was okay walking down the aisle and chose a pew towards the back when someone approached me and said "don't I know you?"  She was from the senior exercise class that I took only twice and asked if she could sit beside me as she was alone and didn't want anyone to see her get emotional.  For her to remember me after only only showing up twice I must have left some impression.  I guess not too goofy.  As it happened it was positive for us both.  Each family left with a Remembrance angel with the loved one's name on it. Surprisingly, on the drive home I felt tranquil and comforted...........until turning my iPhone back on to read an alert from Cherokee County Sheriff's Dept. that a man considered armed and dangerous was seen in the Heddon Rd/Bouldrer Creek area and that all residents were advised to lock doors and stay inside.  I texted Charlie, one house up the road, and told him I was driving home so he could keep an eye on my arrival.  Parked at the entrance of our Boulder Creek subdivision were three cruisers.  When I walked from the garage to the house one drove by slowly.  This morning notification stated the person had been apprehended.  Life is different everywhere now.

Yesterday's weather was just gorgeous.  Perfect for decorating outside. I pulled down the plastic containers from the garage attic and lit up the open porch with lights and assembled the tree that Cliff always set up for me on the porch.  Have the timer set and the tree fastened to the porch ready for windy winter weather so I won't have to retrieve it from the creek at the bottom of the hill after Christmas.  Didn't plan on decorating this year but found I felt the spirit yesterday. Cliff enjoyed Christmas decorating and cranking up certain songs.  He loved the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the Piano Guys, Andrea Bocelli and others.  While decorating outside I played our favorite Christmas songs and talked to him.  Not sure about Christmas cards this year.  Frustrated that I can't find photos or my saved watercolors.  If I do send , the cards will be a repeat of an earlier year's prints.  

Today is quite gusty, 60 degrees and mostly sunny.  No complaints.  

Mark is coming for Christmas. 



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog