It's a good thing I don't go to work.  It seems to me it takes longer to do the tasks and chores I've always done in a shorter span of time.  I love spring and summer.  When I wake at 5:30 my mind says  yes, I'll have more time to do all the thing I want to do today. Doesn't happen....probably because I come up with more tasks that I think I can fit into my day.  We're in a dry period now.  I washed the yoga deck with a bleach/water solution Saturday afternoon allowing two days of drying and stained it Tuesday.  Before staining I had to blow all the ants and little creatures of my clean deck.

Tibetan Peace flags sending prayers and peace out to the world with each breeze.

The garden is struggling but some things are flourishing.  Butterfly bushes and native bushes thriving from the spring rains.  Mountain laurel, native azaleas, and dogwoods doubled in size this spring and were full of gorgeous colorful blooms.....better than any other year I remember. The butterfly bush I planted two years ago wondering if it would survive took off with the rains and by afternoon is full of hummingbirds and colorful butterflies.  Each year brings different surprises. 

 



This is a Moringa which I planted one seed two years ago after reading what a marvelous healing plant it is.  You can cook, make tea, make poultices,  and other home remedies with every part of the plant.  It grew hugs this spring then I couldn't remember what it was.  "What the heck did I plant?"  Thumbing through my Bakercreek Seed catalog I finally spotted it.  Hummingbirds, bees, and butterflies love the  petite white flowers.  

On a hot afternoon Squirrel Squirrel and I share the breeze from the porch fan.  

Purple and Yukon Gold Spring potatoes did well for me.  Planted during third week of March and I dug them early when the plants turned yellow and drooped.  I figured the rains rotted the potatoes but they did well.  Will get more ready and plant them by the first of July for a fall harvest.  

So I celebrate nature, this summer solstice time and  full moon.  I find calm in watching the male bluebird stand guard on the metal rooster head while his female flutters and bathes in the shady cool birdbath.  I embrace small wonders and appreciate the love from family and friends.

My heart is saddened today as my neighbor up the road moves her husband into Hospice this afternoon.  He was diagnosed only about five or six weeks ago with throat cancer.  Never got to start chemo or radiation as it was too far advanced.  It brings back the heartache................






Comments

Popular posts from this blog