I wanted to blog this past week but the computer was in a deep coma on life support and probably overheard me tell Michael it was going to be thrown in the dump.  Just for the heck of it I tried turning it on again tonight and it woke up.  

Friday I had a window put in Cliff's old shed.  It's really nice to have some natural light along with the fluorescent overhead.  Charlie put it in and framed the outside for a finished look.  He's going to stain it later next week.  We have rain coming again tonight.


 I still have to soak the labels and gently remove them so I don't scratch the glass I keep some supplies for the raised gardens and the weed whacker in this shed and other tools in the other shed down by the big garden.  It beats trudging up and down the mountain while tending both gardens. Last week I bought a 5.5 cu wheelbarrow for working around the lower garden. 

Tuesday the old rotted rails and posts got replaced.

I've slowly been raking the leaves and dumping them in the back woods and putting fresh mulch down. My beautiful six foot black snake has been visiting again sunning itself in the back yard.  Little chipmunks need to be aware and run quickly. 


 One of the tomato plants doing well even with all the beating rain.  We had about five inches in a few days.

When it's not raining I try to get in two miles around Konehete River loop in town.  

My walking selfie.  First stop always the ladies room.  

Our wandering bear on May 22.  Nobody has spotted it again since that morning.  But unless you're at a window or outside you miss the wild life passing.  I watched a large doe in the front garden nibbling new leaves one morning and saw a few more from the back porch nibbling in the back woods.  So much new tender growth for them.  I have to be very quiet when go out in the early morning on the back porch because every noise alerts them and they run, white tails up.  The second nesting at the kitchen window is a busy place.  Parents are beginning to feed but they don't fly into the box as usual  One lands on the porch and runs across the floor close to the house, stops to see if the coast is clear, then hops up into the box.  When bringing bugs from a ground approach it does the same thing.  One runs from under the porch with a beak full of insects and flies up and into the box.  It's the funniest thing to watch.  Then I have the chipmunks that hang around the back porch and squeak at me if I walk out and startle one.  For such small creatures they scamper louder than a squirrel.  I'm bringing in all the feeders now at night.  The seed feeder and one suet were attracting a flying squirrel, fatty raccoon was drinking the porch HB nectars spilling the sugar water all over the rails and floor for me to clean in the morning, and last night the front yard nectar was torn down, emptied and left on the ground.  Michael told me he brings in all his feeders every night also in Ossipee.  He sent me pictures today of his two new raised garden beds for his porch that he bought at Home Depot.  Two years ago he planted asparagus and this year he can harvest them.  Sent me pictures of the asparagus too.

Lauria passed her EMT exam and passed her National Registry exam on Friday so now she can EMT anywhere in the country!!  Cliff is smiling with her.  

The Blairsville Farmers Market opened today and of course I went to see my favorite vendors and chat with people.  Farmers markets are upbeat happy places full of families and crafty people.  So nice to get my ricotta goat cheese and crumbles.  Bought SC peaches, ripe cantaloupe and fresh picked blueberries and other stuff.  I am happy this market if open again.  It was cool again this morning, 48, overcast here all day and the house felt cold without sun.  

Well,I got this blog posted with things I've been thinking about. Don't know if the computer will come back up again or not...............not going to proofread again.  It's 9 pm need I need to go shower and relax.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog