Monday Morning

Hummingbird just sitting around.
Built a tepee for my morning glories to attach their little tendrils to, if the seeds get a chance to grow. Squirrels have dug holes around the poles to get at the seeds. Miserable squirrels have too much time on their hands. They've also destroyed one of my hummingbird feeders to get at the sweet juice. Scoundrels chewed the plastic flowers, then tipped the bottle and drank the all the sugar water........hope they go into a diabetic coma!
Found a spot on our acerage where I think I might have enough sun for my raised veggie garden.
It's only a 5' X 10'. But it'll give me a chance to play in the soil.

Planted my early girl tomatoes that I started from seed in the house at the beginning of April. Went to Waynes' Feed and Grain store for the eggplant, squash, peppers, cukes. I love to go in Wayne's. Some of the locals are always in there hanging around, talking, and are very helpful about how and what to plant. Have a German thyme and a few other herbs. In the middle will plant yellow was beans and green bush beans. Probably planted too much in this confined space, but............we'll see.
Maxine eating her cat grass.
Delicate wild iris grow everywhere.
I planted this rodedendron the first year we just spent the summer here. It had closed buds but never bloomed so I thought it was root bound. It's been a couple of years with no growth, same closed buds. I was ready to dig it up, shake up the root ball, and relocate it to another spot, when I noticed a few weeks ago there was pink showing at the bud.



It must have seen me coming with the pitch fork!


Everyday more blossoms opened.

Wild azalea in bloom throughout the woods everywhere now.
Paul Bunyan cutting up a huge pine tree that was hanging over the roof.
We moved all the firewood from under the porch and restacked it out near the shed.

Comments

ralph said…
like the teepee. i might have to do that for my green beans if they ever grow. not having good luck with tomatoes this year, either and they are our fail safe crop usually... hmm...

Popular posts from this blog