Lazy Sunday

Playing with my paints.
Check out the bird approaching from the south. Most of the time these two fight over the feeders, but this time they shared the same feeder.
We've only seen these two at the feeders so far this year. Last July we had at least a dozen birds everyday.

Zucchini, cukes, onions, summer squash from my neighbor's garden. The two round squash were from the local farmers' market in downtown Murphy. Made the zucchini bread this morning when we came back from breakfast at our diner. Lots of traffic downtown. Murphy is crawling with visitors this long holiday weekend. Yesterday there were festivities, a 5K race, BBQ's, lots of family activites, variety of foods at Konehete Park ending with fireworks last night. There will be more tonight at some of the surrounding towns.

Lazy Sunday afternoon on the back porch.
Mornings have been more normal, mid 50's and days 85 degrees. The humidity and heat is sneaking back in.

Last week when we were at the diner in town and I was walking out the door, I could have sworn I saw Ken Berry(F Troop) sitting in a booth eating breakfast. I should have gone back in pretending that I had forgotten something so I get a better look. It bugged me ever since. He looked right at me and smiled. Actually, I should have sat down beside him and asked for his autograph. Even if it wasn't Ken, he could have pretended he was.................

Comments

ralph said…
so beautiful. love the painting you are doing. also the still life with squash photo. nice. it always looks so relaxing. :)

Popular posts from this blog