"Going to the garden in the early morning is better than having a birthday every day." ~ me

Melrose peppers are the newest pickin' from the garden. 

We walk the mountain each morning around 8 AM before the temperature becomes too uncomfortable.  Mornings are humid now and around mid 60's when I get up at 6.  This morning I pulled up more tired plants in the vegetable garden to make room for the fall planting.  In the 5 weeks since I set the eggplants, they never got any bigger.  After looking closely at the leaves, I discovered lots of tiny aliens which probably laid their eggs and invaded the plants.  Anyway, they're history!  I think I'm the only nut who opens doors and windows every morning to let the mountain air in for awhile.  It's really quite pleasant out here on the back porch now at 10.......74 degrees.  I brought the computer out hoping to see the new fawn and mother passing through our forest.  They were sighted a few days ago walking along Boulder Creek Rd. 

Happy Birthday, Michael!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog