After weeks of daily rain and thunderstorms, we're now in a dry spell with temperatures into the 90's. I harvested the music garlic
before they could rot in the saturated clay.  They'll dry for 2-3 weeks and then I can use them.
My black krim tomatoes are beginning to color.
Amish paste for spaghetti sauce.
Dragons egg cucumbers vining up their bamboo teepee and gourd vines taking over the lower garden.
After the 7+ inches of rain, I had to tie up the staked tomatoes to the garden windmill.
This afternoon's cache.  That large cuke was hidden under the gourd vines.  I've picked a dozen cucumbers in two days.  Will try an overnight pickling recipe from a friend. And the first of our tomatoes share the spotlight.

Watermelon and cantaloupes are so plentiful at the fresh markets that I'm making smoothies and looking for ice-cream recipes to use them up.  You can freeze melon chunks to use in smoothies. My summer squash plants rotted.. Deer ate the Swiss chard and green and yellow beans.  No animals like mustard green so I'll be harvesting them soon.  And.........I'm already thinking about what I'll do differently next year.  In August I'll do a small garden for fall planting.........lettuce, spinach, and in October will put in more garlic, covered with straw for next summer's harvest.  I pre-ordered my garlic today from Baker Creek Farms.

Our new counter top was installed this week.

I haven't purchased knobs yet but everything is completed and we can get back to life.  I love my new Pfister pull-down faucet.  I can't imagine what people go through when they remodel the whole kitchen, being in such disarray for a long time.  I'm so happy to have my kitchen back with so many cucumbers making their way into the house. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog