Summertime and the livin' is easy...........
Cantaloupe, watermelon, and cucumbers are plentiful.  Yesterday I made Overnight Pickles and Cantaloupe Berry Smoothie, both are posted under my Recipe tab.  Both are easy and delicious.
                                                   Overnight Pickles
                                     Cantaloupe Berry Smoothie with homegrown chocolate mint
I had two more cantaloupe so scooped out the seeds and chunked them.  Then placed the chunks on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and did a quick freeze.  In about an hour the chunks were frozen enough to drop into a freezer quality storage bag without clumping together.  Suck the air out of the bag with a straw and freeze until you're ready for a smoothie.  I'm going to do this with watermelon, also.  Next recipe to try this week is Spinach Watermelon-Mint Salad.  I started preparing some watermelon rinds for Watermelon Rind Pickles when I discovered I didn't have enough apple cider vinegar.  The rinds are sitting the the fridge waiting for me to shop.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog