Temperature was 35 degrees when we got up around 7.  Seven is over-sleeping for me.  My right hip talked to me all night causing tossing and turning in tangled bed covers.  After the cold morning temperatures, the day turn out lovely.  We reached 65 with sunshine.  I'd like November and early December to be this wonderful and I'd like the clocks to be left alone.  The change doesn't serve a purpose anymore.   October had two full moons which I find intriguing.  

Today was the last Union County, GA Farmers Market.  Vendors have slowly been winding down but we show up each Saturday morning for our fresh veggie fix and to see what's happening.  I have my favorite farmers that I always buy from so I wished them a healthy safe winter and I'd see them next spring.  The elderly farmer I purchase sweet potatoes from sells them from his old-truck tailgate.  His sweet potatoes are the best looking and tasting.  I was attracted to him because of his age and his fortitude.  I understand the work involved in growing potatoes, harvesting, and showing up at 7 am each Saturday morning, rain or cold temperatures, especially with aging joints.  Bought ten pounds today and told him I'd see him next spring. He smiled and said, "I hope so."  In the next couple of days, Ill be freezing and preserving the last of the markets vegetables.

Hurricane Zeta roared through this week leaving limbs strewn all over the roof and woods.  We lost power for less than an hour but made it through better than other.  Barb and Mike in Blairsville were without power for more than fourteen hours.  


The late summer flowers blown to the ground.  They will pop back up when the sun breaks through. Cliff was busy after the storm cleaning up the limbs and blowing the leaves deep into the woods.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog