The computer updated again leaving me in a quagmire.  I'm still navigating my way through this new blog format.  I supposed it's good for the brain, especially when technology is my discomfort.  


Cliff is involved in the funeral procession this morning for our friend, Jim.  I intended to go to the viewing and then drive to the cemetery in the procession but can't drive this morning after both thumbs and wrists pained me during the night.  To drive would be unsafe so I'm soaking hands in warm Epsom water.  It'll take a few days to heal the joints.  I keep discovering different movements or tasks that cause a problem. Yesterday I tried to open a tightly closed jar, before asking Cliff to do it for me, and by last evening the thumbs and wrists were scolding me.  There's no pain or discomfort at the time so I don't know until hours later that it was too strenuous for the hands.  A jar opener is the solution.  


Temperature was 38 degrees when we woke at 6 and with full sunshine should reach mid-50's by afternoon.  Great weather for walking and working in the yard. The forest animals are setting up residence as the fall nights get colder. 


The other day I noticed this little birdhouse where the chickadee nests in the spring is full of moss.  Haven't seen an creature enter or exit.  We figured it could be a mouse setting up a warm cozy abode.  We have catch and release mouse traps, which I check daily, in the garage and moth balls around the house and also in the garage.  

When I took this plant down to water, I noticed a recently placed thick nest of dead leaves.  

My pineapple sage seems to bloom later each year.  Of course, this year we had a scarcity of sunshine and many flowering plants suffered.  The hummingbirds love this deep trumpet flower so I hope the blooms open in time for them to get the nectar before they head to Central America.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog