OMG!  I'm my parents!  I know they can see how I've become them because their energy, their aura is in the garden, in our woodworking, in the kitchen.  More and more I understand why they needed their quiet times when they just sat and read. No talking. No TV. No noise. Just the sound of silence allowing peace and calm..... serenity. 

Cliff is working with the fire department right now setting up scaffolding and stairs for tomorrow's funeral for one of their volunteers who died suddenly Monday.  The house is quiet.  At this age, it has a deeper meaning.

We still have two hummingbirds coming to the feeders. I think they're both females.  Usually the males arrive first in the spring and leave first in the fall. Also ,this is the first time I've seen red-breasted grosbeaks in the fall coming to our feeders.  Instead of the spring bright red-breast feathers, males in the fall display squash-orange colors.  I wonder if they brighten up when they land south.  We've had two pair feeding daily.  We'll miss our hummingbirds and  grosbeaks when they migrate south. 


Tonight is the Harvest full moon.


Fresh picked mint leaves in water set on the yoga deck for full moon tea.  Will bring it in as the sun  rises and I can be sure there are no bears watching me.  A neighbor reported a large bear sighting recently in our neighborhood.  Neighbors on the right had their bee hives torn up and our front garden bird feeder was sucked dry.   Animals are getting ready for fall and winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog