I have so much I feel I want to accomplish here on the homestead.  I'm waking naturally around 5:30 and after stretching and wiggling, I can jump out of bed to face the day by opening the kitchen door and listening to the whippoorwills' song fill the still dark forest.  When the air is warm enough, I sit on the porch steps or my chair and let their concert serenade me before they detect the morning awaking and cease their chorus.  All thoughts of how much needs to be done here are gone...............

Cliff asked me if I would sell our home and move to be closer to any of the children when he was gone.  My immediate answer was no.  This is where I find peace.  Little by little I'll get thing done.  The pollen is still very heavy so I can't pressure wash the porch yet.  What's left of the radio equipment is out in the garage and I'm waiting for an estimate on painting that room.  The garden is slow this year and the almanac says we're in for a cooler than normal summer.  That's okay with me.  It's been wet and cloudy so some things may not get planted but farmers markets are available every Saturday.

Sofia's and Grant's graduation ceremony this morning.  Both graduated with high honors.  Lauria forwarded a link so I watched the full ceremony.  Of course, I cried.  Cliff would have loved this.  Hayden's ceremony was this afternoon at 2:30.  When I get a photo I'll post again. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog