Thursday afternoon I had an odd thing happen.  I felt light-headed and felt like the room was beginning to spin.  It only lasted less than ten seconds but I did my BP a few times.  First time was unusually high for me because I'm not on any Rx, 155/75.  So I calmed down, took some relaxing breaths and waited fifteen minutes before taking it again. Then it was my normal 117/67 with pulse of 65 but Friday morning I called my doctor.  This morning he called back and apologized because the note got misplaced and he had just read it.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't having a TIA.  After listening to me for awhile he suggested it very well could be from sleep deprivation.  I've been waking three to four times a night with a mind that talks to me, sometimes chattering nonstop.  Between the holidays and Cliff's anniversary in January what I'm experiencing is normal,not unusual.  If I experience any more spells, he'll order tests for me but for now I'm on a Rx to break the non-sleep cycle I'm in.  It takes a long time to adjust to the death of a spouse, trying to tackle everything that took two people to do and coping with the roller coaster ride I'm on.  I was relieved after talking with him.  After the call I went to town and did two miles around the river walk to release energy and stress.  Lots of people walking their dogs.  Deep dark clouds hung in the sky but I didn't care if it poured or not.  It was misty but 61 degrees so not uncomfortable.  I have my new Rx which will start tonight an hour before bedtime.  For now I'm walking up the road to chat with the old ladies and get out of the too quiet house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog