I figure I'd better blog while I'm sane, for as long as it lasts.  I wasn't going to start any seeds for a few more weeks but I feel spring happening in my veins. On the 10th I planted six arugula and six collard seeds and covered the sets with saran.  Now I need Mother Nature to provide sunshine.  Germination is between 7 to 14 days.  These are cold weather greens so on sunny days I can put them outside no matter what the temp.  My poor kitchen garden that Cliff built for me about 12 years ago is no longer useful. I'll begin taking it apart on a good day.  It's rotting and falling apart but it has served the purpose for all these years.  The huge oak tree now has a canopy so large that  it shades the little garden too much.  Time to make some garden changes.  


I had a large kalanchoe plant that I hoped to cut up and root for five smaller plants.  This was a week ago and they don’t look like they are dying.  I think they may be rooting by now.  

                            Arugula and komatsuna collards

I went into town this morning and walked the river loop again before the clouds let go of their rain drops.  People were walking their dogs too. A few dogs avoided the puddles but the other didn't seem to mind.  Clouds were very heavy and dark but I checked the weather app before I started because I'd be a good 8-10 minutes away from the truck.  Everything was water-logged so like a child I splashed through the puddled paths.....and smiled. 

For lunch I ate yesterday's leftover oven-baked trout, Georgia sweet potatoes, and garlic steamed broccoli. Got the dishwasher emptied, topped off the Toyota gas tank, stopped at the P.O., took two trash bags to the transfer and now I'm done.  Oh, most important, had a piece of my chocolate cake after lunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog