It's Spring!

The hummingbirds are making their way north.  Today a sighting was reported in Conley, GA which is 2 hours from Blairsville, GA and 2 hours and 16 minutes from Murphy.  Brewed up 3 cups of nectar in their honor.  The feeders are clean and sitting on my kitchen island ready to be put out.  Yesterday I put parsley and oregano in a window box out on the porch rail.  The geraniums that I pulled up from the crawl space have blossoms and new leaves.  Garden tilling will be a little late this year.  Cliff tried to till but it bothered his hip so we're hiring a friend to turn the clay and get the garden ready for us this weekend.  Some nights are still in the low 30's so I'm not in a rush to put the radishes, carrots, snow peas, and potatoes. 
From: Murphy, NC To: Conley, GA Conley, Ga to Murphy, NC
Hummingbird anticipation and tilling the soil are some of my favorite spring happenings.

Comments

ralph said…
oh! exciting hummingbird news! i'll keep my eyes open for them up this way!

Popular posts from this blog