The Journey North hummingbird site reported yesterday that a male ruby-throat appeared at a feeder in Knoxville, TN, a week earlier than last year.  There have been a couple of postings where contributors reported that their sightings were about a week or so earlier than last year.  Knoxville's location is latitude 35.95 and Murphy's latitude is 35.08.  On that exciting note, I put our kitchen window feeder out this morning in 42 degree breezy conditions.

little uplifting signs that spring is here

Our farmers market begins the first Saturday in April and sign-up is this Saturday.  I'll be at the sign-up to reserve a spot.  Throughout this frigid winter, I've been sewing more aprons, toddler bucket hats, clothes pin bags, and other utilitarian creations to sell at my booth.  One of our Boulder Creek part-time residents resides in the Atlanta area and just became a first-time grandmother.  She got so excited when seeing the bucket hats, she bought one for her 45-day old grandson.  Also, asked me to make bibs, summer shorts, and other matching clothing for him.  She says the "Atlanta mothers" go nuts over coordinating outfits.  So this week I'm branching out and making little fruo-fruo or fru fru (from the urban dictionary) items to try at my booth. too.  
Talking Tommy modeling a beach bucket hat.  I try to design my labels with humor so they evoke a feeling of fun, but I get a scary feeling when I see Tommy's goofy eyes. This is Matthew's old Tommy doll and I want to give it to Christopher but I'm afraid it will haunt him and he won't dare close his own eyes at night.  Matthew loved this doll and took Tommy everywhere with him.  We even bought little baby shirts so Matthew could change his clothes.  I don't remember how many different things Tommy could say.  I removed the batteries years ago.  We lived in Florida then and the first time we had a close crack of thunder during a storm, voices were heard from Matthew's upstairs bedroom.  The three of us were downstairs in the living room.  So Tommy has a haunting past and should be used with caution. 

Comments

ralph said…
that doll is seriously terrifying. thanks for not sending him to me! ha! but love the crafts and creations and best of luck with the market! i'm insanely jealous!!

send hummingbirds. i'm ready for spring.

Popular posts from this blog