Fifty nippy degrees on the mountain this morning. 
Yesterday afternoon Cliff helped me removed the tomato and cucumber supports from the garden, tie them neatly, and store them for next spring.  He dug the last row of potatoes which only gave us about another five pounds.  I found a late yellow squash and a lonely green pepper.  This is always a musing and reflective task for me as I slowly untie twine and stack bamboo poles after the harvest.   Yesterday I brewed a cup of green tea and sat in my garden chair gazing over the sea of weeds that will soon turn brown and die down.  It's not that I dread fall or winter, but I think I miss the excitement and energy that I get from my vegetable garden.  Tiny seeds that sprout new life and watching the rate at which each plant grows, flowers, and bears its fruit....... and in another couple of weeks our hummingbirds will begin their journey south. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog