Went for my second acupuncture treatment this morning, last Thursday being the first one.  I was expecting to have long thin bamboo skewers twirled and twisted into certain points in my body as seen in the comic strips.  Cliff stayed and watched both sessions.  He said the little pins are about 2.5 inches and only the tips go in.  I felt them but the sensation wasn't painful or unpleasant.  Also, in some treatments, a few leads are hooked up to a low-volt power supply.  Last week toward the end of the session, my shoulder became very painful and my body reacted with uncontrollable shaking.  The doctor said my meridians didn't like being tampered with and it sometimes happens the first time a patient experiences acupuncture.  Today was a breeze.  She did two different treatments, each twenty minutes long.  The first was for the arthritis pain and I was hooked to the low-voltage, and the second was to release stress from my body with no leads, just seven pins.  Last Sunday Cliff's mother had a massive stroke and Cliff and I both ended up with such stiff necks and body aches, we were in agony.  Today's sessions relaxed muscles and released tension.  He goes for his first acupuncture treatment on Monday.  We really like this doctor.  Her office is located in an old house with cherry tomatoes growing randomly with the wild flowers and morning glories.

You don't feel as if you're going to the doctor when you open the wooden screen door and walk in the Health and Harmony house. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog