I didn't blog about the market last Saturday because again it was as slow as the past three have been.  The humid heavy weather doesn't help either. Makes us feel groggy.   I almost didn't go because my shoulder and hand hurt Friday night but after I got up and moved around Saturday morning, I figured I'd try.  I enjoy chatting with the other vendors and if I had stayed home, I'd see the dust on the furniture and the film on the windows when the sun shines in.  Things that I've had to let go until this RA inflammation is under control.

Cliff helped me dig up about ten pounds of potatoes this week.  Some of them are odd shaped and curved as they had to grow around the rocks imbedded in the clay.  We're still getting a few last summer squash and one or two peppers.  As soon as the weather cools down and the weeds are dead, Cliff will till the garden and it will rest until spring.

Our hummingbirds are still here and should be around for about another month.  They put on quite a show for us when we sit on the back porch each afternoon.  Our presence doesn't seem to bother them as they perch on branching and chase each other through the rails and over our heads.  I'm making four cups of nectar every three days and will miss them when they head south in October. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog